Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Almost the weekend

I always look forward to the weekend. It's not like I don't like my job or the ppl I work with, but I love sleeping late and completing my yard work and house work. I don't seem to have much time for anything else. I'm really eager to use my new edger. I was finally inspired to buy the edger when I started getting comments from friends and family that my yard looked overgrown and it needed edging. Luckily, it was right around my birthday and I used my birthday money for the purchase. I was able to use the edger for a short time right after I got it, but quickly ran over the power cord and nearly got electricuted. I've now had to dispose of the power cord and will have to purchase another this weekend.
Politically, this morning, CNN and EVERYONE else is reporting the death of that terrorist dude. I just hate it when the media latch on the something so sensational and run it into the ground. I don't think this story is important at all, worth no more than a two minute story at the top of the news. Nothing in Iraq will change b/c of this death. Someone is always ready to fill the shoes of someone who has been 'martyred' . Oh well, that's my two cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home