Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Friday, June 16, 2006

TGIF

I'm really happy that Friday has come this week and it's raining. I can safely avoid yard work this weekend and focus on fun things. Since it's my granny's 85th birthday this weekend, I'll be taking her back to Lake Charles/Sulphur, LA, where she is from. She had to move in with my mom after a fall that broke her hip. It occurred right after hurricane Rita hit her town and neighborhood pretty hard. Her house had only minor damage, lots of missing shingles, shudders ripped off the walls, but not a single broken window.
Her neighbors, two doors down and really all over the town, weren't so lucky. Most damage was caused by trees falling, and many houses were completely destroyed.
Anyway, we'll be going to visit her sister and nieces this weekend.
When I get back, I have tentative plans to visit my friend Susie, the Sulau, in Lafayette, LA, Cajun country, where I attended college. She works for FEMA, here in BR, now, and wants to celebrate her recent promotion.
Politically this week, Carl Rove was let off the hook in the Plame scandal. So, he's back to his disgusting dirty tricks. I'm sure he's behind the recent Congressional theatrics where the RepubliCONS brought up a resolution that they support the president's (failed) policy in Iraq and won't be setting a timetable. This is obviously a trap. If Democrats vote against it, CONS will use it against them in the next election. Even if they vote FOR it, it could be used against them. I live for the day the CONS get what's coming to them. I just hope the American public is not duped again by these criminals, most of whom have no military service, or any family members in the conflict. They really have screwed up this country. I'm heartened by the recent stories of a potential alliance between libertarians and liberals. I've be a libertarian leaning liberal for a while and they're finally catching up with my philosophy of individual liberty being supreme. The CONS always claim to want the government out of citizen's lives, but that only applies to their constituents interests. Such hypocrites!

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home