Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time

It's hard to believe it has been so long since my last post. Time sure flies. Of course it has been very busy due to the holidays. I spent my Thanksgiving and Xmas in Baton Rouge with family. We did make a trek over to Lake Charles for both holidays and stayed a few hours. It's an odd experience visiting my remaining family in Sulphur, near Lake Charles. My granny's sister lives there with her two daughters. My great aunt is nearing 90 years old and her daughters are in their 60's. They never married, but they cook really well. They had a nice shrimp gumbo for both holidays. Boy was that good. They also make me some special cookies for Xmas every year. They are peanut butter cookies with a hersheys kiss on top. I love them.
I got a few good things for Xmas. Dad gave me the money to have the window unit air conditioner that is sticking thru my bedroom wall removed. I still have to get some estimates. Mom gave me a nice Cuisenart blender/food processor. I haven't used it yet, but it looks good in my kitchen. Susie had a picture she took framed for me. It was an enlarged photo of Strawberry Fields in Central Park. It is beautiful and hanging in my living room.
New Years was very uneventful. I stayed home for the first time in a long time. I guess I was making up for last year when I was in New Orleans on a balcony on Bourbon street. That's when my back went out.
The new year did start nicely with LSU winning the national championship. I really don't care that much about it, but it's nice to have a winning team in the area when you are a Saints fan.
Susie and I are going to the Spanish Town mardi gras ball again this year. The theme is Groundhog day oriented, so that's a toughie for a costume. mardi gras comes early this year, on Feb. 5. The highlight for me though is the Spanish Town parade the saturday before. It's way too fun.
That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home