Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Results

Mom loved her printer. I knew she would. She has already used to for a project for the class she is taking at BRCC. I'm not sure what the class is, but she had to take pictures of her neighborhood and other things and present them as a project of some kind. She also loved the lunch at Mansur's and the doberge cake. I did as well. At Mansur's she ordered the filet mignon; I had the red fish cooked on a cedar plank; Granny had the crab and shrimp crepes. It was all so good. I want to go back and get it all again. The cake, from Baum's, was very good as usual. I loved the taste of the lemon. The chocolate was great too.
Friday night at pf Chang's, we ordered the Mongolian beef, lemon pepper shrimp and pan fried noodles with pork. It was another great meal that I'm still dreaming about. I love that place.
The only disappointing thing about the weekend was eating at Capital City Grill at the Shaw Center. It was so good the first time I ate there. This time, since I had already eaten out so many times this weekend, I ordered the soup and salad. The salad was drowned in dressing which made it hard to eat. The soup would have been good, but they put so much green crunchy things in it, it overwhelmed me. I didn't finish it. The only good thing about the meal was the wine and the waitress. Afterwards we went to Tsunami, the place I would have rather eaten, to get a drink and see the view. Then it was back to my place to watch the movie "Adam and Steve". It is very funny.
Well, the Democrats did it. They took both the House and the Senate. Then, Donald Rumsfield was let go as Sec. of Defense. It couldn't have been a better day! I was smiling all day long. I feel so much better. I didn't realize how much the past 4-6 years have affected me physically until the day after the election. My aches and pains were less and I felt like a huge weight had been removed from my back. Now there can be some oversight of this out of control administration. Now they can be held accountable. It's really good to be on the winning side again. Now we can look to 2008 and hope for the best. My only concern is that, after Katrina emptied the streets of New Orleans, my state might now be a Republican stronghold. We'll have to wait and see how the Governor's race and the Senate race turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home