Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Saints again

Not too much to report this post. I have gotten an unexpected invitation to another Saints game. My friend Susie invited me to go see them play the Tampa Bay Bucs this weekend. I also am scheduled to see them play the Ravens at the end of October, but my boss said I have to be here to help them change the time on our mainframe that weekend. They wanted to do it on Sunday, when my game is, but I've requested they move it to Saturday. It all depends on our operator who will be here with us that weekend. If they can't come on Saturday, I guess I'll have to give away my Saints tickets. That sucks!!
At least I'm going to the game this weekend. I also may go to our Baton Rouge Shaw Center for the arts to attend a Chinese Moon celebration. It's a display of Chinese jade and is really just an excuse to party downtown. There will be food from PF Changs, which I love. Although I hate their specialty, the lettuce wraps. I really like the spicy ground chicken with eggplant, the Mongolian beef and the crab wontons. Mmmmmmm, now I'm hungry. Good thing it's lunch time. Today is chicken day in the cafeteria. I'm too obsessed with food.
I'm kinda in a somber mood today. I've been kinda depressed thinking about things I can't control, like my mom and granny are old and when they die they will be gone forever. Plus two of my friends lost a parent this week. My friend and former co-worker Dianne, who got laid off at the same time as me, but got her job back; well, her mom had been sick and she died. She was 84. Then, my friend Tim, whose dad fell off the stairs while visiting Tims house and bumped his head, his dad died this morning. I feel real sorry for both of them. But at least they have other family to fall back on. I have a very small family. My mom is an only child and so am I. My dad only has a brother and a sister. His brother had kids, two of them. One is a lesbian and the other is a hetero male with only one kid. Doesn't look like my family will be getting any bigger. So, I'll just have to rely on my family of friends when I get older I guess. Or find a nice lesbian couple who want to have a kid and donate my, well, you know.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Cindy N. said...

One question....did they tell THING she had to stay that Saturday for time change too? or does she have to get her car fixed again? The JERK!

Just to let you know. I NEVER once stayed for time change. You wouldn't have to do anything anyway. The operator does it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home