Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Been a while

Yes, it's easy to forget that I have this blog to update, so it has been a while since my last entry. Today I'm at work doing a training project assigned by our inhouse IBM guy. It is an attempt to write a REXX program from scratch. I'm usually kinda annoyed when this guy does our training because he doesn't bring it down to the elementary level, which is what I need as I'm a novice. So, I'm piling thru manuals trying to determine how to write this thing. It's really frustrating.
On a lighter note, we are going to eat at one of my favorite places today. It's a diner called Frostop, here in Baton Rouge. It was shown in the movie 'Everybody's All-American', with Dennis Quaid. They have really good hamburgers, po-boys and are famous for their home made rootbeer.
This weekend I'm going to attend the Baton Rouge Art Melt. It's an art show at the Shaw Center, with art for sale and, most importantly, free food. It's a pretty new event in the area and it'll be my first time to attend. Mom my attend with me and some of my friends from my old work place have also expressed an interest. I invited my friend Susie, but she had other plans. My friend Tim, who has had his life turned upside down recently, may attend also. Tim had his parents over to his house to visit. His dad was climbing the short staircase from Tim's garage into his house. His dad lost his footing and fell, hitting his head on the cement garage floor. He had to be rushed to the hospital with brain bleeding. Now he can't stand, he has no short term memory and has been described by Tim as having Alzheimers symptoms. He doesn't actually have the disease, but the hit on the head is causing the symptoms. So, and his sister and mother, have had to remain by his dads side 24/7. It has been a while and I think Tim needs a diversion, at least for a couple of hours.
Politically, looks like the middle east is on the verge of erupting into a bigger war. Israel is invading Lebanon and continuing their Gaza incursion. Can't say I blame them after being attacked themselves, but it's an unprecedented action and could lead, along with the Iraq debacle, to a larger problem for the US and the world. As much as I want a Democrat to win the presidency, it's going to be tough for whoever wins in 2008, with the mess that the Bush administration, and the RepubliCONS in congress have left. They really are an incompetent bunch. They can't do war; they can't fix the economy; the environment is a mess; they break the law at will; the smear war heroes. What a shame. They should be ashamed, but aren't. Hopefully, they'll be put in their place, out of office!

2 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home