Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Keeping up.

Gosh it's hard to think of something to write in this blog daily or even weekly. Guess I'll come up with something.
Not too much going on right now. I've painted a wall in my living room. I've had paint chips taped on the wall for a year and finally decided to go ahead and paint at least one wall. It's so intimidating to think of painting the entire living room by myself, so I made a commitment to what I thought I could do easily. It turned out very nice. I had originally chosen an orangy brown color for my wall, with a suede texture. It's that Ralph Lauren paint, so it's pretty high quality. Well, when I got to the Home Depot, I changed my mind and bought a gallon of a different color. It's called Greenstone (still from RL) and turned out to be the exact same color as my couch, an olive green. It didn't look like that in the store. It has a granite texture. Looks real good. Now I will have to get up the energy to paint the other walls. I'll do them one at a time too.
I'm liking my new job as a system programmer on a mainframe, although I'm getting tired of the training. I don't think I'm getting as much out of it as I was at first. There comes a point when you just need to start doing the work. I've been assigned a couple of small projects, so things are getting a little more interesting. I like the folks I work with, so that's a major thing.
My friend at work has decided to set me up with one of her friends. I'm happy about this b/c I've been single for so long, I'm ready to expand my horizons. I just don't know if I'm now so used to being single, that having someone around (if it comes to that) might be annoying. I'm not going to let that worry get in the way of meeting new ppl though. You never know what may happen.
Politically, on Larry King last night he had all the women Democrats from the Senate, which of course includes my Senator, Mary Landrieu. She really is great. Can't understand how some ppl don't like her. Probably just jealous. She's pretty, smart and sensible.
All in all the show was great. The ladies have some great ideas and really should be listened to. It's a shame that the RepubliCON Senate won't even listen to them. They are fighting for the average American, including veterans, who have been shafted by the CONS. The CONS have cut funding for veterans health care and other veteran programs and during a war! They claim to be the 'patriots', but really are just political hacks, rubberstamping anything the president wants. They need to be run out of town. Hopefully that will begin this November!

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home