Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Here we go!

It's Friday and I'm ready for the 4-day weekend. My friends are coming to visit from St. Louis. Rob and Jenn lived in New Orleans, Arabie, near the industrial canal. Needless to say, Katrina took all their belongings. If they'd have known what was going to happen, they at least could have saved their priceless photos from family and our college years.
They're coming down to visit family, friends, and to check out Destin, Florida for their anniversary. I'm a little jealous that they will be in Destin, known for its beautiful beaches. I was able to take my usual Memorial Day trip to Pensacola, FL. It was nice, but was almost ruined b/c the friend I brought is a mean drunk. I was verbally abused the entire trip and nearly became violent, which is completely against my nature. I will never bring him anywhere again!
Anyway, back to my St. Louis friends. Rob is my fraternity brother (PIKE) and Jenn is his gorgeous wife. Rob and I were great friends in college, room mates just about the whole time, till he left to live in Tennessee. As is common for people who come from this part of the country, he couldn't stand it and had to move back to New Orleans. I really do suspect they will move back eventually.
Since they lost everything in the flood, I thought it would be nice to copy all of my pictures from college and give them a set. This includes many pictures of parties, trips, old digs and the early years of Rob and Jenn's relationship. I just discovered that you can have old pics scanned and recreated. Ah, technology. I won't be able to get the pics in time for their arrival, but it's nice to know I can eventually hand them a complete photo album of pics they lost.
Also coming to visit this weekend, Susie, who works for FEMA; Beth, who works for the University; and possibly Jack, my hippie friend (also frat brother). All of these are friends from college, who I've kept in touch with and, finally, they all moved back home. I'm a really lucky guy to have all of these friends. Even if some of them are Republican (a dirty word in my book). No one is perfect I guess.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Cindy N. said...

Hi Marc, It's really nice of you to plan this photo album for your friends. That will be a really special gift. You are a very thoughtful person.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home