Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday again.

I guess I need to write something since it has been a while. It's hard to think of things to write some times.
I have been thinking about my trip to New Orleans and how there were so few people on the streets in the Quarter. It really was eery and is quite unusual. I really wonder if this is going to be the new reality in N.O. since the storm. I hope not. I used to be able to go down to the Quarter on a random weekend and the place would be packed. I went to Mardi Gras this year and there were plenty of people. So, it looks like the people show up for special events but not when nothing is going on. It is a disturbing development to me.
In other news, my friend Susie and I have been planning to go to NYC to see Saturday night Live for a while now. It has been something we want to do, but didn't really have the time or money. When will we ever have the time or money?? So we have thrown caution to the wind and have requested tickets for SNL. However, one thing we had planned to do while in NYC was to go see the Off-Broadway production of Xanadu (the greatest movie ever made). They are saying it won't be in production till the Spring of 2007. Well, SNL tickets are given out in a lottery. You send in your contact info, via email, and if you are picked, you receive two tickets to a random show sometime during the season. So, it's kinda hard to plan to be there on a specific date. We went ahead and requested tickets anyway. Susie says maybe the Kharma gods will smile on us. She has pretty good luck in general. If she is in the car with me, good parking spaces miraculously appear.
On the political front, things are looking better and better for the Democrats in this years Congressional elections. It really is imperative for at least one house of the congress to go Democratic. Someone has to counter the criminallity of the Bush regime. The Republican's in Congress have been a rubber stamp for the president and it has been a disaster. Come on November!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home