Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Updates

Well, I went to Lafayette with photo album in hand to start the process of copying all of my college pics for my friends Rob and Jenn, who are from New Orleans and lost everything in the flood. They now live in St. Louis.
My friend Susie bought one of those copier/scanners that will copy pictures and so we all gathered our pics and copied quite a few of them. I did mine first since I was only going to be in Lafayette for the night. She bought a Cannon printer for about $130 and it worked pretty well. The scanner part didn't create very good copies of the pics, but the copy feature seemed to work fine. If you scan a pic, it saves the image and you can print out a copy. If you just copy it, it's like a regular copy machine, but spits out a picture.
Anyway, I didn't bring all of my pics to Lafayette b/c there are so many. When I got back to Baton Rouge, I decided to go buy myself a scanner/printer too. Susie seemed a little irritated when I told her I had bought one. She works for Fema and has been given some really good promotions and raises and has been spending money hand over fist. She bought not only the scanner, but a surround sound home theater, and a very nice wide screen TV. She also informed me she is buying a juke box. I'm happy for her. She is a very nice person, despite her inexplicable support for the Bush administration and Republicans in general. She always was known as a hippy chick, and a vote for Bush is not what a hippy would cast. But I digress.
I had found a $100 bill that I had saved from my birthday money, so I had some extra cash and could go buy a scanner/copier. Mine was only $90 and was HP. It works just as good as her Cannon, so it was a good purchase. Now I can copy all my photos at my leisure.
The Art Melt I mentioned in an earlier post was really great. I'm not really into art, but love free food and big gatherings of ppl, esp. good looking artists. There were some real interesting pieces of art; there were sculptures, paintings, audio/video, ballet performances, symphony performances and art car displays. They also had chicken salad, hummus, cheese cake, meat pies and seafood pies. Mmmmm! I met up with my friends and former co-workers, Suzanne, Pam and Chris. My best friend Barry was there too. He and I went and had a pitcher of beer at the Thirsty Tiger Bar in downtown Baton Rouge, after the Melt. It's the oldest bar in BR.
Well, I'd better stop writing now. Got class starting in a few. I am still in training at work. Gonna be a long road!

2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home