Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Annoyed

I'm annoyed quite often. Usually it's the REALLY poor drivers in Baton Rouge, or the lies that the wingnuts spew all day as disinformation against their massive failures of the past 6 years and their absolute hatred of the Clintons and anything good in the world. Today it's my working conditions. I work in a computer room which, for those who aren't familiar with the IT world, is very, very cold. They keep it cold because the mainframe and servers need it to be cold. We counter the cold by bringing heaters. I finally remembered to bring my heater today. I plugged it in and was enjoying the new-found comfort when my computer shut off. I immediately knew I had blown a circuit breaker with the addition of the heater to the circuit. This is not an uncommon occurence in the world of work. I didn't think it was such a big deal till the maintenance guy came to fix the circuit and told me there is nowhere for me to plug in my heater. So, I'm going to have to just be very, very cold at work all the time. My cubicle neighbor has a heater, but with only one circuit, she can have hers but I can't have mine. Therefore, I'm annoyed. Why they stick humans in cold ass rooms like this is beyond my comprehension. At least they are promisiing that we will be moved out of this cold room when they remodel. Of course, the remodel will be done in dog years. I might be retired by then (just 22 more years!).
On another subject, my friends, Rob and Jenn, who are from New orleans, but moved to St. Louis after the storm,, will be visiting again at the end of September. Rob worked for the Saints and wanted to be in the Superdome for the first home game after the storm. I believe it's a Monday night game. We've nearly completed their photo album. They will be visiting for a couple of days and staying at my house. My friend Ed, also from new Orleans, but who has lived in Washington, DC for years, will be there too. He's the one whose brother I helped after the storm. His brother worked for the water board, who control the water pumps that always fail to pump the water out of the city. He made it to Baton Rouge after the storm and needed a place to stay till he could catch a flight to DC. He had lost his ID and had to wait for his brother to send his ID so he could use it to get on the plane. They don't look all that alike, but it worked, and he was off to DC.
Unfortunately, my friend Susie won't be able to join us this time. She will be in London with her mom for her mom's 60th birthday.

2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Cindy N. said...

I am sorry about the heater, but maybe you could plug into Thing's circuit and run yours that way. Does she use it all the time? She COULD share since it was MY heater to start with.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Cindy N. said...

Hey check out the September 17th entry for this blogger.

http://randommusingsofmylife.blogspot.com/

This would be great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home