Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Party!!!!

Well this is the big weekend I've been waiting for. My friends, Rob and Jen, are coming in from St. Louis to stay at my house. My friend Ed, from DC (orig. from N.O.) is also coming in. Others that will be at my house, my friends Jack and Beth from Lafayette; Beth's boyfriend Todd, who I went to high school with; Kim and Kyle, who are married. I went to high school with Kyle. I met kim in college. When Kyle decided to come to school in Lafayette, I introduced him to Kim. The rest is history. Now Kim is pregnant! My friends Barry (another one from high school) and Ben (barry's ex-bro in law who I've known since he was a kid) will also be there. Susie can't come b/c she is celebrating her mother's 60th b'day with a trip to London for the weekend. She left yesterday(Thursday) and will be back Monday. Quite a whirlwind trip.
Anyway, we finished putting together the photo album for Rob and Jen. Remember, they lost everything in katrina. I found a few more pics, some from college, others from their wedding, that will need to be placed in the album before they get here.
Beth is bringing gumbo and boudin, so that will be what we are eating. I still have to pick up beer, rice and french bread, plus a dessert.
I received some great news from Ed last week. He has an extra ticket to the Saints Versus Falcons game on Monday night football this monday. It's the Saints first game back in the Dome and I'm excited. U2, Green Day and the GooGooDolls will perform; Irma Thomas will sing the anthem and Bush 1 will toss the coin. Wish they could have gotten Clinton to toss the coin, but at least it's not Bush 2. I will go down to the Quarter Monday at noon. I leave work early. I'll park in the Quarter and cab to the dome, so I'll be able to drink at the game. It looks to be a really big event. The internat'l news media will be there plus, GMA, CNN, etc. I'm very excited.
I'll write later to let you know how it went.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Cindy N. said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend. I am sure you will all have a blast. Enjoy your Monday and Tuesday off. I will see you on Friday for the Retirement party!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home