Third Coast Progressive

My views on the world.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Goodbye Nanny.

I lost my grandmother last year the last week of October. I received the call on a Tuesday morning that she had died in her sleep. It was a relief, even though it was sad. She was not having a good life. She had had lots of mini strokes, which are common for elderly folks. Thankfully, she had been denied Medicaid and was staying with my mom. It was a blessing because she was able to die at home with family who loved her. I'll miss her, but I'll always remember the last time I saw her alive. It was the prior Sunday. I'd go to mom's for lunch on Sundays. As I left that day, I remember telling her I loved her. I think she said it back to me. We said that alot to each other over the years, especially the final years. She knew I loved her and I know she loved me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home